The Atkins diet is a low-carb diet. Therefore suitable for people who are trying to lose weight. You can eat as much protein and fat as you want. As long as you avoid foods that are high in carbohydrates. The Atkins diet was originally considered bad and was attacked by health authorities. Due to the high saturated fat (saturated fat), however. A new study suggests that high saturated fats are not harmful.
since then This Atkins diet has been studied in detail and found to result in better weight loss and better blood sugar, HDL cholesterol, triglycerides. And other health indicators have also improved. Numerous studies have shown that Eating a low-carb diet without counting calories It can also result in weight loss as well. lower blood sugar levels and can improve health as well.
How Can This Atkins Formula Lose Weight?
The amount of carbohydrates you eat must be less than 40 grams per day, causing the body to go ทางเข้า ufabet into ketosis, where the body uses fat for energy instead. This condition affects the body’s production of insulin. This will help prevent the accumulation of more fat. And when the body enters Ketosis, the body is able to use fat as its main energy efficiently. The craving for carbohydrate foods is also reduced.
- Phase 1: induction
– Induction phase – Able to eat only 20 grams of carbs per day for the first 2 weeks, with large amounts of fat and protein. Together with vegetables that are low in carbohydrates, such as green leafy vegetables, the weight will begin to drop. The aim is for your body to use fat as its primary source of energy. Most people lose weight during this period.
- Phase 2: balancing
The balancing phase – during this phase, you can add more foods like beans, low-carb vegetables, and fruit. You can eat 25 and 45 grams of carbs per day, bringing the carbs back into your diet slowly to keep you healthy. avoid weight gain.
- Phase 3: fine-tuning
The weight maintenance phase – when the weight approaches the target already set. was able to begin to increase the amount of carbohydrates.
- Phase 4: maintenance
– lifelong maintenance – able to increase the amount of carbohydrates the body can handle. where the weight will not increase.
Some people choose to skip Phase 1 and eat lots of fruits and vegetables. This approach has worked very well as well. Some are in Phase 1 and so on, which is a well known name in the dining Quito J. Koenig (Quito) by eating a diet with low carbohydrate content.
The Atkins Diet You Should Know
1. Foods that should be avoided
- Sugar : soft drinks, fruit juices, cakes, snacks, ice cream, etc.
- Grains : wheat, rye, barley, rice
- Vegetable oil : soybean oil corn oil Cottonseed Oil, Canola Oil, etc.
- Trans fats : They are often found in processed foods with the word “hydrogenated” in the mix
- Low-fat foods : These foods are usually very high in sugar.
- High-carb vegetables : carrots, lettuce, etc. (use phase 1 only)
- High Carb Fruits : Bananas, Apples, Oranges, Pears, Grapes (use phase 1 only)
- Starch : Potatoes, sweet potatoes (use phase 1 only)
- Legumes : Lentils, peas or chickpeas, etc. (use phase 1 only)
2. Food that can be eaten
- Meat : Beef, Pork, Lamb, Chicken, Bacon, etc.
- Fatty fish and seafood: salmon, trout, sardines, etc.
- Eggs : Organic eggs are good. because it is rich in omega 3
- Low-carb vegetables : Kale, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, and more.
- Full-fat dairy products : butter, cheese, cream, yoghurt (homemade to better control sugar content)
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Healthy fats: olive oil , coconut oil , avocado oil and avocados.